Coromandel Peninsula Day Trip from Auckland
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Hike the coastal track into the majestic Cathedral Cove
- Enjoy an optional swim in the crystal clear waters
- Dig your own spa in the natural hot springs at Hot Water Beach
- Relish beautiful views and photo opportunities all day long
- Climb to the summit Mount Paku for great views over the coast
DescriptionEmbark on a day trip to the Coromandel Peninsula from Auckland. Enjoy a small group tour with a friendly, local kiwi guide. After pickup from downtown Auckland, relax on the scenic journey across the Hauraki Plains and over the Coromandel Ranges. The windy drive through the ranges offers fantastic views and there'll be time for a short coffee and bathroom break on the way. Make your first stop at summit Mount Paku for amazing views of Tairua, Slipper Island, and Pauanui. This short steep climb is also a great chance to stretch your legs after the drive. Dig your own natural spa in the hot springs of Hot Water Beach that can only be accessed at low tide. Then, enjoy a 1-hour break for lunch at a local cafe. After lunch, hike the coastal track into the beautiful Cathedral Cove. This is a 30-minute walk to the beach and a little longer on the return. Enjoy time to explore, relax or swim if you choose. The stunning beach was used as a setting for one of the Narnia films. Finally, after a full day of beaches, sun, food, hot springs, and natural beauty, climb back in the mini-van for the return drive to Auckland. With a short stop along the way, you'll arrive around 6 PM, depending on weather, traffic, and time spent at each location.
IncludesPickup and drop off from downtown Auckland location
2-hours at Cathedral Cove
1-hour at Hot Water Beach
Summit climb of Mount Paku
All entrance fees
Use of shovels
Food and drinks
- There is a minimum number of 2 people required for the tour to operate
- The tour might be canceled due to severe weather or road closures and if this occurs you will be offered an alternative date or receive a full refund
- The tour time is dependent on tide times so that you are at Hot Water Beach as close to low tide as possible
- Your pick up time will be between 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM dependent on the tide times so check your email for your exact pickup time and location
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking so a decent level of fitness is required
- Please note that lunch is not included and you are welcome to bring your own lunch
- There are changing rooms but not hot showers at Hot Water Beach
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers Haunted Attraction Scream Park! This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you - you have been warned....From NZ$25.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours - official inbound and Domestic travel Partner of New Zealand Golf.From NZ$219.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Howick Historical VillageAuckland East, Auckland
Step back to the 19th century and explore this fascinating recreation of a colonial village. Walk amongst costumed 'villagers' and experience how Howick used to be..........From NZ$16.00
Mai TravelAuckland Central,
Mai Travel organises luxury, tailor-made trips around New Zealand taking in all the best experiences...