Hobbiton, Rotorua & Waitomo Caves Day Tour from Auckland
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Experience 3 top North Island destinations in one day on an all encompassing tour
- Discover the magic of Middle-earth on an official 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Visit Te Puia Maori Arts & Crafts Institute to see geothermal geysers, the iconic kiwi bird, and enjoy a delicious lunch
- Marvel at Waitomo Caves as you ride underneath glittering glowworms on the included boat ride
- Benefit from local guides and the personalised service of a small group tour
- Enjoy an unforgettable tour follows a route that minimizes travel time to maximize discovery
DescriptionVisit the Hobbiton Movie Set, Te Puia Maori Arts & Crafts Institute, and Waitomo Caves in one day on a fully-guided tour from Auckland. See three of North Island’s iconic sites in one attraction-filled day. Be ready and waiting at your hotel in time for your specified pickup time. Travel from Auckland to Hobbiton through Waikato. On arrival, you’ll be guided through the picturesque twelve-acre site and given fascinating details of how the movie set was created. The official tour concludes with a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Climb back into the vehicle for the approximately 55-minute drive to Rotorua where you will spend around 1.5-hours. Arrive at Te Puia Maori Arts & Crafts Institute where you’ll have lunch. Te Puia is home to the Pohutu geyser, mud pools, hot springs, silica formations, the Kiwi bird, and the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving. Then, drive to the world-renowned Waitomo Caves where you’ll enter the caves on foot and ride out in a small boat. Marvel at thousands of tiny glowworms radiating their unmistakable luminescent light as an expert guide provides informative commentary. Sample itinerary: 6:30-6:40 AM pickups from downtown Auckland hotels 9:00 AM Arrive Hobbiton Movie Set (time for a snack and visit souvenir shop) 9:30 AM Hobbiton Movie Set tour 11:15 AM Depart Green Dragon Inn to travel onto Rotorua 12:15 PM Arrive in Rotorua 12:30 PM Buffet-style lunch at Te Puia After lunch you have until 1:45 pm to explore Te Puia 1:45 PM Rejoin bus to travel to Watiomo Caves 3:45-4:00 PM Waitomo Caves tour Rejoin bus to travel to Auckland 7:15-8:00 PM Arrive Auckland (subject to traffic)
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off
Transport in a small air-conditioned coach
Entry and 2 hour guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
Entry and lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua, approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
Entry and 45 minute guided tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Morning and afternoon tea (available to purchase)
- Note that there is some driving between attractions so this tour may not be suitable for children 2 years or under
- The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour requires reasonable mobility, please advise when booking you have any mobility issues
- Shuttle pickups from outside Auckland city centre can be arranged on request for an additional charge
- If you prefer more time in Rotorua, you might like to consider an overnight tour option
- Please note you must be ready and waiting at your specified pick-up time as the tour has set times at each of the attractions visited and unfortunately cannot wait
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers haunted house and fearsome forest. This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you............From NZ$25.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours...From NZ$219.00
Mai TravelAuckland Central,
Mai Travel organises luxury, tailor-made trips around New Zealand taking in all the best experiences...
Magic Broomstick Segway ToursNorth Shore, Auckland
Glide effortlessly around the streets of beautiful, historic Devonport village, as you experience the fun of riding a Segway with Magic Broomstick...