Hobbiton & Waitomo Caves Small-Group Day Tour from Auckland
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Be fascinated as the magical world of Hobbiton comes to life on a 2-hour tour
- Take photos in front of Hobbit Holes and around The Shire
- Enjoy a complimentary specially-brewed beverage at The Green Dragon Inn and taste a kiwi-style lunch at The Shire's Rest Cafe
- Be captivated by the thousands of magical glowworms as you glide silently by boat in the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Marvel at awe-inspiring stalactites and stalagmites during the 45-minute tour of the iconic Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Be amazed by the spectacular scenery en route and listen to engaging commentary from your guide
DescriptionJoin this tour to visit two of New Zealand's most iconic and famous attractions, the Hobbiton Movie Set and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, in one easy small-group day trip from Auckland. After pick-up from your central Auckland hotel, travel south over the Bombay Hills for panoramic views of the Waikato Region and the scenic Hauraki Plains. Arrive at The Shire's Rest in Matamata, the home of the Hobbiton Movie Set. Your guide will help you skip the crowds so you can explore the Movie Set on an official 2-hour tour. Be escorted through the 10-acre site and learn fascinating details of how the Hobbiton Movie Set was created. See Hobbit Holes, The Green Dragon Inn, and The Mill. Savor a complimentary specially-brewed beverage at The Green Dragon Inn. Then, enjoy a Kiwi-style lunch at The Shire's Rest. Afterwards, travel to the mesmerizing Waitomo Glowworm Caves. On the way, share stories from Hobbiton and interact with your fellow travelers. Glide silently by boat in the world famous caves and be amazed by the thousands of magical glowworms. Your guide on the 45-minute tour will likely be a descendant of the Maori Chief who originally explored the Caves and can share with you the remarkable history of the area. Walk through the majestic Cathedral Cove, famous for its acoustics. The return trip takes you through some of New Zealand's most beautiful countryside before following the majestic Waikato River northwards part of the way back to Auckland. You will pass Taupiri with its very sacred Maori burial ground. The day concludes with your return to your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off (downtown Auckland hotels only)
Local driver guide
Entry and 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
Kiwi-style café lunch at The Shire's Rest Café
Entry and 45-minute guided tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Note that hotel pick-ups operate from downtown Auckland only
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The minimum age for the tour is 4 years
- A small amount of easy walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear
- The tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- This is a small group activity with a maximum of 11 participants and requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers haunted house and fearsome forest. This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you............From NZ$25.00
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours...From NZ$219.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Auckland ZooAuckland Central, Auckland
With 126 species and over 1000 animals across 17 hectares of parkland, Auckland Zoo is New Zealand’s largest home of wildlife - conveniently located just five minutes from central Auckland.
Magic Broomstick Segway ToursNorth Shore, Auckland
Glide effortlessly around the streets of beautiful, historic Devonport village, as you experience the fun of riding a Segway with Magic Broomstick...