Piha Beach Day Trip from Auckland
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Experience Piha at your own pace with a shuttle bus transfer from Auckland
- Go the long way round for a scenic drive through sub-tropical rainforest
- Enjoy six to eight hours of free time to discover all of Piha's amazing sites
DescriptionClimb aboard the bus at a central Auckland meeting point. Start your journey on a scenic road trip though Auckland’s beautiful Waitakere Ranges. Stop at a lookout to view the famous Lion Rock then spiral down into the valley. Tour around Piha’s Beach, town and rainforest. You will be given a map and detailed insights on all the must-see places to visit during the day. Enjoy an optional one-hour nature walk or be dropped at the beach. Spend the day as you please and at your own pace with recommendations from your guide on how to maximise your time. On this adventure, you can explore volcanic black sand beaches and lava caves. Climb rugged mountainous terrain and walk through untouched sub-tropical wilderness! Be picked up from Piha at 4:00 PM to arrive back in Auckland at 5:00 PM.
IncludesTransport from Auckland to Piha Beach
Scenic road trip through the lush Waitakere Ranges
Detailed map of Piha
Local knowledge on Piha and recommended sites to visit
Food and drink
- Please note that food is not provided, you are encouraged to pack a lunch to enjoy at the waterfall or dine at the Piha Cafe
- Bring your swimwear if you want to go for a swim, Piha Beach is New Zealand’s most famous surf beach so don’t miss the chance to enjoy the waves
- You can return to Auckland on an alternate date if you would like to stay longer in Piha. You can contact the local operator after booking to arrange this but note that you will have to organize your own accommodation
- Minimum numbers required to operate - in the unlikely event that these aren't reached you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers haunted house and fearsome forest. This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you............From NZ$25.00
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours...From NZ$219.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Auckland ZooAuckland Central, Auckland
With 126 species and over 1000 animals across 17 hectares of parkland, Auckland Zoo is New Zealand’s largest home of wildlife - conveniently located just five minutes from central Auckland.
Magic Broomstick Segway ToursNorth Shore, Auckland
Glide effortlessly around the streets of beautiful, historic Devonport village, as you experience the fun of riding a Segway with Magic Broomstick...