The Classic: Discover Amazing Auckland on an Electric Bike
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy stunning 360 degree views from Auckland's highest natural point - the summit of Mt Eden
- Ride Auckland's amazing network of cycleways - including the award-winning 'Pink Path'
- Learn about Auckland's past, present and future from an experienced and friendly local guide
- Let your electric bike do the work for you as you enjoy the sights and sounds of the city
- Keep things personal in small groups - no more than 6 riders and your guide
DescriptionAuckland is a city that it built on volcanos - so that means great views, and hills! Touring the city on a fun electric bike is the perfect solution. Electric bikes allow people with all levels of fitness to enjoy cycling and the benefits of being outdoors. See the best of the city from the comfort of the saddle, with a local expert guide who will take you on a fascinating journey - exploring the past, present and future of Auckland. Meet at an electric bike store located in the heart of Auckland city - within an easy walk of the cruise ship terminals and many hotels. There, be kitted with your stylish electric bike and your riding gear - including a helmet and a cycle specific headset, so you can safely listen to your guide as you ride along. You'll be given a short orientation with the electric bikes and do a practice ride nearby, to make sure you are 100% comfortable before the tour sets off. Having departed from the city center, ride on the Grafton Gully cycleway towards the first stop and the high point (literally) of the tour - Mount Eden/Maungawhau - the highest of the many volcanic cones around Auckland. Let the motor on your electric bike do all the hard work as you cruise up. Enjoy spectacular 360-degree views at the summit, as your guide tells you about Auckland's turbulent early years. Then its on to one of the largest parks in Auckland - the Domain - for more beautiful views from Auckland Museum. Continue through the historic suburb of Parnell and down to Auckland's amazing waterfront. Riding an electric bike along the shoreline on the Tamaki Drive cycleway towards Okahu Bay is an experience not to be missed. As you head back towards the center of the city, ride on some of Auckland's newest cycleways and some of Auckland's most historic wharves, where you'll learn all about Auckland's relationship with the sea over the years. Then its through the bustling Viaduct, where your guide can recommend plenty of dining options for you to enjoy during the rest of your visit. A ride through one of Auckland's newest developments, Wynyard Quarter, is next, then round the Silo Park to check out your next destination - Westhaven and the Harbor Bridge. Ride along the picturesque boardwalks to Westhaven - the largest marina in the Southern Hemisphere and get up close and personal with the Harbor Bridge. The tour continues on through historic Freemans Bay before joining heading up to one of Auckland's new cycling icons - Te Ara i Whiti/the Lightpath. This award-winning, vibrant (and very pink!) cycleway is a great spot for some photos before you ride back down into the city to finish the tour where you started. To ensure the best experience, your group size will be small - a maximum of 6 riders and your guide. And there are frequent stops on the tour - plenty of time to take photos and listen to your guide as they share the story of Auckland with you.
IncludesExperienced and engaging local guide
Use of a fantastic electric bike
Use of an urban cycle helmet
Use of a cycle-specific headset, for commentary as you ride
Bottle of mineral water
Small bag mounted on bike to store phones, camera etc
Use of a rain-jacket (only if needed!)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For your enjoyment and safety, groups are small and personal - so a maximum of 6 riders per group, plus a friendly guide
- The minimum age is 14 years old (14-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult)
- Minimum rider height is 5 foot (152cm)
- The tour uses Auckland's fantastic cycleways as much as possible but to get to some of the best places it will be necessary to ride through city streets too – so some experience of city riding is required
- Closed toe shoes are required. Sports gear not necessary - casual clothes are fine but dress to the conditions please
- Free storage available for small bags at the city center departure point The tours run rain or shine – you will be provided free use of a bright and comfortable rain jacket, if you need one
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers Haunted Attraction Scream Park! This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you - you have been warned....From NZ$25.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours - official inbound and Domestic travel Partner of New Zealand Golf.From NZ$219.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Mai TravelAuckland Central,
Mai Travel organises luxury, tailor-made trips around New Zealand taking in all the best experiences...
Howick Historical VillageAuckland East, Auckland
Step back to the 19th century and explore this fascinating recreation of a colonial village. Walk amongst costumed 'villagers' and experience how Howick used to be..........From NZ$16.00