Waiheke Island E-Bike Hire, Ferry Tickets & Picnic Lunch
NZ$199.00 BOOK NOW
- Experience a leisurely, fun e-bike tour of Waiheke
- Relax, knowing all the details are taken care of to make the most of the day
- Feel connected to the places you visit and soak up the local vibe on your comfortable, easy to ride e-bike
- Enjoy great views, beautiful beaches, boutique wineries, and lovely local parks
DescriptionEmbark on a self-guided bike tour that includes everything you need to make the most of your time on Waiheke island. The comfortable, easy to ride e-bike will make light work of the many hills and is a pleasant, leisurely option that will help you see and do more. Your self-guided experience starts and ends at a central Auckland city location. Make your own way there, arriving at 09:00 AM to be equipped with an e-bike and everything you will need for the day. Head down to the ferry terminal to catch the 09:30 AM, 10:00 AM or 10:30 AM ferry (depending on seasonal timetable) for a scenic cruise over to Waiheke Island. Arrive on the island and embark on your self-guided adventure! While there’s no need to be an expert cyclist, you should be able to ride a bike confidently, unassisted, and be comfortable with the idea of cycling for several hours in one day. You ride an e-bike just like a normal bike and gain the benefit of e-assist on hills. Famous for its beaches and wineries, Waiheke Island is also home to many artists and artisan food producers. Use the map provided with recommended riding routes and points of interest highlighted. You might like to see Oneroa Village, Oneroa Beach, Palm Beach, Onetangi Beach, Trigg Hill Point, Surfdale, or Blackpool. There are also plenty of parks, boutique wineries, and artisan food producers en-route (including olive oil and honey) to discover. Catch the 04:00 PM ferry back to Auckland to arrive at the bike base before 05:00 PM to return your bikes and other rental gear.
Helmet and lock
Return ferry tickets
Waiheke Island map - featuring recommended riding routes and points of interest
Beach towels (on request)
Wine tasting, additional food and beverage requests
Souvenirs and other personal purchases
- Please advise dietary requirements when booking.
- The tour is not suited to children under 16 years of age.
- You must make your own way to the e-bike base in central Auckland City as hotel transfers are not available.
- The recommended riding routes on Waiheke Island include a mix of on-road and off-road riding - recommended for confident cyclists.
- Beach towels can be requested if you would like to enjoy a swim at one of the many safe swimming beaches around the island.
- In New Zealand, cyclists must ride on the left-hand side of the road and on the left-hand side of cycle-lanes in NZ.