Waiheke Island: Wine Tasting Tour
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit three of Waiheke Island's world-renowned vineyards
- Sample a wide range of critically-acclaimed artisan wines
- Learn about the island from your local guide’s engaging commentary
- Choose your own lunch option with 2-hours provided for lunch
DescriptionAcquaint yourself with Waiheke Island's world-renowned wine on a vineyard-focused guided tour. Discover some of Waiheke’s scenic highlights as well as visits and tastings at 3 boutique vineyards. Enjoy the freedom to choose your own lunch option with a 2-hour lunch break. Catch the 10:00 AM ferry from Auckland for a cruise over to Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke island where your guide will meet you. Begin with a scenic drive, taking in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula. Marvel at stunning scenery around every corner and be entertained by your guide’s insightful commentary on the history, geography, culture, people, and produce of Waiheke. Sample a range of Waiheke wines from Rose, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, sparkling wine, and Syrah and Bordeaux blends. Encounter spectacular scenery from sun-soaked hillsides of vines to spectacular 360-degree views over the island and beyond to the gulf islands. Your tour includes a 2-hour break for lunch, with lunch at your own expense. You can decide to stop in at a village or beachside café, or, for a memorable gourmet experience, at one of the top vineyard restaurants. The tour returns you to Matiatia Wharf in time for the 4:00 PM ferry for a 4:45 PM arrival in Auckland. Or, if you would like to linger a little longer on the island, you can be dropped off at Oneroa Village to explore further. Sample Itinerary: 10:00 AM Depart Auckland on a ferry to Waiheke Island 10:35 PM Arrive at Matiatia Wharf 11:00 AM Stonyridge Vineyard visit and wine tasting 12:00 PM Te Motu Vineyard visit and wine tasting 12:45 PM Batch Vineyard visit and wine tasting 01:30 PM 2-hour lunch break 03:30 PM Pickup from lunch venue 04:00 PM Depart Waiheke Island on ferry back to Auckland
IncludesPick up and drop off from Matiatia Wharf or Waiheke Island accommodation
Transport around the island
All tasting fees
Transport to Waiheke Island from Auckland
- You must be 18 years or older to join this tour, please bring appropriate photo identification
- Tour departs from Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke Island at 10:35 AM. You will need to catch the 10:00 AM ferry from Auckland (at your own cost) and a guide with a signboard will meet you on arrival
- Lunch is an additional cost - advise your preference at the time of booking to ensure a table is reserved for you
- The sample itinerary is subject to variation pending seasonal vineyard availability and substitutions of equal quality may be made
- If you are staying on Waiheke and would like to arrange an accommodation pickup, please call the local operator after booking to arrange a pickup time
- The tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate
- The tour is not suitable for guests traveling with children under the age of 10 years
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers Haunted Attraction Scream Park! This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you - you have been warned....From NZ$25.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours - official inbound and Domestic travel Partner of New Zealand Golf.From NZ$219.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Mai TravelAuckland Central,
Mai Travel organises luxury, tailor-made trips around New Zealand taking in all the best experiences...
Auckland ZooAuckland Central, Auckland
With 126 species and over 1000 animals across 17 hectares of parkland, Auckland Zoo is New Zealand’s largest home of wildlife - conveniently located just five minutes from central Auckland.