Whale and Dolphin Watching Half-Day Eco Cruise
Experience the abundant wildlife of Hauraki Gulf Marine Park on a 4.5-hour marine eco-safari. Sail aboard a luxury catamaran and benefit from guaranteed whale and dolphin viewing year-round as the perfect complement to your stay in Auckland.
Vouchers for Whale and Dolphin Watching Half-Day Eco Cruise
- Explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Experience up-close-and-personal wildlife viewing with marine mammal sightings
- Make the most of your time in Auckland with an incredibly convenient trip
- Take in amazing views of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists
- Relax aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran with on-board cafe/bar
DescriptionClimb aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran, conveniently docked in the heart of Auckland, and set sail on the 'Dolphin Explorer' to take in the sights and sounds of the city from the water. Depart via Auckland's Viaduct Harbour, and bask in the sun on the large open deck. Enjoy a quick tour past impressive landmarks, such as the Auckland Harbour Bridge, North Head/Devonport and Rangitoto Island. Keep a close look out for Orca and Bottlenose Dolphins, known to regularly visit the waters close to the city. Then it's out into the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park itself, where resident populations of Bryde's Whales, Common Dolphins and numerous colorful seabirds await. Get up-close viewings of whales, dolphins and sea birds while important marine biology research is conducted on board. Help protect this incredible resource of marine life on a more personal and intimate experience. As a registered research vessel, the 'Dolphin Explorer' is able to get much closer than whale watching operations in other locations. Get the opportunity to learn about what you are seeing via expert commentary from the ship's skipper, gained from 15 years running trips daily in the area. Being wild animals in their natural environment, every trip is different. However, the boat typically heads back towards Auckland after 3 or more hours of sailing. Enter Auckland's Viaduct Harbour with a cheery wave and the best wishes from the crew.
Food and drinks (available to purchase on board)
- Please wear warm clothes and bring a showerproof jacket, sun hat and sunscreen, your camera, binoculars, personal medication (if required) and sea-sickness medication (should be taken prior to the trip)
- This activity is not suitable for heavily pregnant women • Limited wheelchair access is available. Anyone with physical disabilities that require human intervention must be accompanied by a carer or guardian • Children under 5 years old are permitted on the trip only if they are closely supervised by a parent or guardian • A small range of snacks, hot food and drinks are available to purchase on board the boat, including beer and wine. A great range of merchandise is also available, including T-shirts, photo-cards and soft toys
- In the interest of your safety, the local operator reserves the right to cancel any trip due to wind, weather, or sea conditions