Heading into Auckland city centre can sometimes be a bit of a headache with congestion and high parking costs. So, if you are based in the suburbs, parking your car in a free car park then catching a bus, train or ferry becomes a very appealing and cost effective option.
Park and Ride - Bus
There are free ‘park and ride’ routes into the city centre from the stations at Albany and Constellation, each with 350 parking spaces. There’s also drop-off and pick-up areas at Akoranga, Albany, Constellation, Sunnynook and Smales Farm bus stations.
Park and Ride - Train
The following Park and Ride stations are available on the Western Line:
- Sunnyvale (via Seymour Road)
- Sturges Road (via Swanson Road)
- New Lynn
The following Park and Ride stations are available on the Southern, Eastern and Onehunga Line:
- Papakura (via Ron Keat Drive)
- Manurewa (via Weymouth Road and Selwyn Road)
- Papatoetoe (via Station Road)
- Homai (via Dalgety Road)
- Panmure (via Forge Way and Mountwell Crescent)
- Glen Innes (via Apirana Avenue)
- Orakei (via Orakei Road)
- Onehunga (via Onehunga Mall and Princes Street)
Park and Ride - Ferry
There are a number of free parking and sailing facilities at many of the ferry departure areas including:
- Northcote Point
- West Harbour Marina
- Pine Harbour Marina
- Half Moon Bay
You can read more information on ferry crossings to and from the Auckland Ferry Terminal in our Auckland Ferry Guide.