My Guide Website?
Auckland: Auckland City & Hauraki Gulf Scenic Flight6 Reviews
Soar above Waiheke Island’s spectacular coastline, beaches, and vineyards on a 45-minute scenic flight. Marvel at the landscape of the Hauraki Gulf and the iconic Auckland skyline. Learn about the sights you pass with a local guide's commentary.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take off from the stunning Waiheke Island
- Marvel at amazing views of the island’s coastline, beaches, and vineyards
- Soak up views of Auckland's skyline
- Peer into the crater of the Rangitoto volcano
- Enjoy a 45-minute scenic flight with commentary provided
DescriptionDelight in a 45-minute scenic flight offering the best of both worlds: the natural splendor of the Hauraki Gulf Islands and the iconic urban skyline of the city of Auckland. Take off from Waiheke Airport, nestled among the vineyards, and instantly get amazing views of Waiheke Island’s coastline, beaches, and many vineyards. Follow the coastline before breaking off to track toward Auckland. Admire fantastic views of Motuhie and Browns Islands before cruising past downtown Auckland. In the city, enjoy a half-orbit of the famous Sky Tower to take some awesome photos. Then, fly past the Harbour Bridge, Davenport Naval Base, and North Head Volcano. Next, marvel at New Zealand’s youngest volcano, Rangitoto, and peer into its crater as you are flown just 500 feet (152 meters) above its summit. Finally, head back to Waiheke to land.
Includes45-minute scenic flight Commentary from a local guide
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled departure to check in and receive your safety briefing. The weather plays a significant part in flying in the region and this tour will only operate if conditions allow both a safe and enjoyable experience. If the trip is canceled due to weather, then the booking can simply be rolled to the next available flying day. It is recommended that you book for your first available day in Auckland/Waiheke so that you have maximum flexibility to roll on to a following fine weather day. Select your preferred departure date when booking and the local partner will confirm your exact trip details by email after booking. You must provide all traveler's individual weights when booking. If a traveler's individual weight exceeds 110 kilograms (242 pounds), please also contact the local partner after booking. Wear weather-appropriate clothing as the temperature in the plane will be similar to outside.