My Guide Website?
Auckland: Bioluminescence Kayak Tour
Glide through dark waters and witness the entrancing glow of bioluminescent organisms on a kayak tour in Auckland. Embark on this adventure to celebrate nature's luminous beauty.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feast your eyes on an enchanting light display of marine microorganisms
- Enjoy the intimacy of a small group in an area with minimal light pollution
- Witness the starry night sky above and the sparkling glow in the sea below
- Benefit from a guided tour with all professional kayak equipment included
- Learn about the science behind bioluminescence, also known as 'Marine Aurora'
DescriptionExperience a blend of tranquility and awe as you witness the bioluminescence of Auckland on a guided kayak tour. Receive a safety briefing, gear, and assistance in kayak launch from your skilled guides. Sit in your personal or tandem kayak as you journey into the water like a close-knit family. As the sun sets, meet your guide, gather equipment, and learn how to use your gear. As the night grows dark, step into your kayak and begin your adventure. Be led to the best stops to uncover the magic of glowing water. Paddle through the bioluminescent waters, triggering your own marine light show. Watch as your kayak leaves a glittering wake behind you of luminous plankton under minimal light pollution. Dip your hands in and see the sparkles latch to your hand as you withdraw it from the water. Navigating as a group, capture photos along the way, and finally return to the shore. After some hugs and high-fives, take off your gear, help put the equipment away, change your clothes, and bid farewell to your guides and group.
IncludesGuide Kayak and equipment Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Start times for this tour vary based on the Auckland tides and sunset hours If you do not have the required gear, please reach out to the activity provider; they may be able to help