My Guide Website?
Auckland: Sunset & Night Sea Kayak Tour to Rangitoto Island13 Reviews
Kayak from Auckland city out to Rangitoto island in the afternoon and climb to the island's summit to watch the sun set. Enjoy a barbecue dinner before paddling back to Auckland in the dark with your guide, watching the twinkling lights of the city ahead.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Kayak out to Rangitoto Island, Auckland's best sunset location
- Enjoy a barbecue dinner from the summit of Rangitoto after a leisurely climb
- Experience nighttime kayaking, as you paddle back to Auckland under the stars
- Relax in a small, friendly group, with first-time kayaking instruction provided
DescriptionKayak out to beautiful Rangitoto Island while the afternoon sun is slowly setting over Auckland and the Waitakere Ranges. Meet at the free pick-up point in Auckland. Then paddle out to Rangitoto Island in the setting sun. Once at the island, pull your kayak up to Rangitoto Wharf before embarking on a 1-hour, leisurely walk to the summit. From the top of the island you will be treated to the best sunset location Auckland has to offer. Enjoy a BBQ dinner while enjoying the stunning North Island views. Under the guidance of your kayak tour guide, paddle back to Auckland in the dark, watching the twinkling city lights of New Zealand's largest city getting closer and closer. Perfect for first-time kayakers as well as those more experienced, this unique, guided tour includes instruction, and a great, unique experience of Auckland.
IncludesTour guide Kayak and paddle Life jacket BBQ dinner Hot and cold drinks
- No previous kayaking experience is required for this tour
- Bring shorts to kayak in, walking shoes, a sun hat, and water bottle. Waterproof bags for your camera or mobile are provided