My Guide Website?
Auckland: Whale and Dolphin Watching Half-Day Eco Cruise463 Reviews
Experience Hauraki Gulf Marine Park on a marine eco-safari from Auckland. Hop onboard a luxury catamaran and look out for orcas and bottlenose dolphins.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Auckland: Ship to Shore Half-Day Excursion
- Waiheke Island: Ferry & Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer Bus Tickets
- America’s Cup 2-Hour Sailing Experience Waitemata Harbour
- Waitakere Ranges Wilderness Experience Tour from Auckland
- Auckland City Small Group Morning Discovery Tour
- Explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Experience up-close-and-personal wildlife viewing with marine mammal sightings
- Make the most of your time in Auckland with an incredibly convenient trip
- Take in amazing views of Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists
DescriptionClimb aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran conveniently docked in the heart of Auckland. Set sail on the 'Dolphin Explorer' to take in the sights and sounds of the city from the water. Enjoy a quick tour past impressive landmarks, such as North Head/Devonport and Rangitoto Island. Keep a close look out for Orca and Bottlenose Dolphins that regularly visit the waters close to the city. Then explore the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Get up-close viewings of whales, dolphins, and sea birds. The 'Dolphin Explorer' is able to get much closer than whale watching operations in other locations. Learn about the fauna via expert commentary from the ship's skipper. When you travel with us, you aren't only experiencing the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park, you are helping to regenerate and protect it for the future generations, with a dollar from every ticket bought goes towards the Hauraki Gulf Guardians fund.
Includes4.5-hour eco-cruise Guide Second cruise if you don't see any marine mammals
- If you don't see any marine mammals, you can take the cruise again for free
- Please wear warm clothes and bring a showerproof jacket, sun hat and sunscreen, your camera, binoculars, personal medication (if required) and sea-sickness medication (should be taken prior to the trip)
- This activity is not suitable for heavily pregnant women • Limited wheelchair access is available. Anyone with physical disabilities that require human intervention must be accompanied by a carer or guardian • Children under 5 years old are permitted on the trip only if they are closely supervised by a parent or guardian • A small range of snacks, hot food, and drinks are available to purchase on board the boat, including beer and wine.
- In the interest of your safety, the activity provider reserves the right to cancel any trip due to wind, weather, or sea conditions