My Guide Website?
Auckland: Whale and Dolphin Watching Half-Day Eco Cruise273 Reviews
Experience Hauraki Gulf Marine Park on a 4.5-hour marine eco-safari. Enjoy a guarantee where if you don'ts see any marine mammals, you can take the cruise again for free.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Experience up-close-and-personal wildlife viewing with marine mammal sightings
- Make the most of your time in Auckland with an incredibly convenient trip
- Take in amazing views of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists
DescriptionClimb aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran conveniently docked in the heart of Auckland. Set sail on the 'Dolphin Explorer' to take in the sights and sounds of the city from the water. Enjoy a quick tour past impressive landmarks, such as the Auckland Harbour Bridge, North Head/Devonport, and Rangitoto Island. Keep a close look out for Orca and Bottlenose Dolphins that regularly visit the waters close to the city. Then explore the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Get up-close viewings of whales, dolphins, and sea birds. The 'Dolphin Explorer' is able to get much closer than whale watching operations in other locations. Learn about the fauna via expert commentary from the ship's skipper, gained from 15 years of running trips daily in the area.
Includes4.5-hour eco-cruise Guide Second cruise if you don't see any marine mammals
- Please wear warm clothes and bring a showerproof jacket, sun hat and sunscreen, your camera, binoculars, personal medication (if required) and sea-sickness medication (should be taken prior to the trip)
- This activity is not suitable for heavily pregnant women • Limited wheelchair access is available. Anyone with physical disabilities that require human intervention must be accompanied by a carer or guardian • Children under 5 years old are permitted on the trip only if they are closely supervised by a parent or guardian • A small range of snacks, hot food and drinks are available to purchase on board the boat, including beer and wine. A great range of merchandise is also available, including T-shirts, photo-cards and soft toys
- In the interest of your safety, the local operator reserves the right to cancel any trip due to wind, weather, or sea conditions