My Guide Website?
From Auckland: Hobbiton Movie Set Full-Day Small-Group Trip82 Reviews
Beat the crowds with a morning tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. Explore the Shire with a small group on a guided day trip from Auckland.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get to the Hobbiton Movie Set early to have the attraction almost entirely to yourself
- Explore 44 Hobbit Holes and other places seen in The Lord of the Rings
- Hear behind-the-scene stories from the making of the movies on a fully guided tour
- Sip on a complimentary ale, stout, cider, or ginger beer at The Green Dragon
- Take the best photos at the best time of day without the crowds
DescriptionMake the most of your time in Auckland with a small-group tour to the magical and enchanting Hobbiton, Lord of the Rings Movie Set. You will have the movie set almost entirely to yourself. See how this beautiful piece of farmland has been transformed into the Shire from Middle Earth. Start off your adventure with pickup from your centrally located hotel or the Auckland Sky Tower. Travel south in an air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz. Look out the van's extra-large windows on the scenic drive to Matamata over the Bombay Hills and through the beautiful Hauraki Plains. Listen to facts and anecdotes from your guide clearly via a hi-tech audio system. When you arrive at Hobbiton, take a 2-hour tour with a knowledgeable guide. Take plenty of time to explore the locations you’ve seen at home. Pose for photos in front of your favorite places like the Hobbit Holes and The Mill. At the end of the tour, enjoy a specially brewed drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Afterward, visit the Shire Store, which features an extensive selection of souvenirs to remind you of your visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set. On the drive back home, follow the amazing Waikato river and drive past the Taupiri Maori burial ground. Finish your fun day trip from Auckland with convenient drop-off at your hotel or back at the Sky Tower in Auckland’s city center.
IncludesGuide Entrance fees Drink at The Green Dragon Transportation in an air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz van Hotel pickup and drop-off from Auckland city center (if option selected)
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- There is a café where food can be purchased
- From 1 December 2023, the tour is extended by 30-minutes (2.5-hours) where you can venture beyond the door to a fully themed Hobbit Hole interior. Immerse yourself in the interior with entry hall, bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, dining area, equipped bathroom, parlour, and crackling fireplace