My Guide Website?
From Auckland: Hobbiton & Waitomo Caves Full-Day Trip69 Reviews
Visit 2 top attractions in a single day on a luxury tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves from Auckland. Travel in the comfort of luxury vehicle with an experienced guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See where The Lord of the Rings was filmed at the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Learn about glowworms at the Waitomo Glowworms Cave
- Get stunning views of the Kaimai Range from the comfort of a luxury vehicle
DescriptionDepart Auckland and embark on a scenic journey through the beautiful mountains of the Kaimai Range on a 2-hour drive to the Hobbiton Movie Set. Relax aboard a luxury Mercedes vehicle equipped with free Wi-Fi and complimentary snacks and water. On arrival, follow in the footsteps of your favorite Lord of the Rings characters on an official 2-hour guided tour of the 1,250-acre sheep farm where the movie was shot. Get amazing views of the Kaimai Range as you are led through the site to discover the Hobbit Holes, Old Mill and Double-Arched Bridge. Stop for a complimentary drink at The Green Dragon Inn. Continue to the Waitomo Glowworm Caves and learn about the amazing glowworms and the caves' historical and geological aspects on a guided boat ride. Sit back and relax, and enjoy the scenery on the return drive to Auckland, where you will get dropped off at your hotel on arrival.
IncludesCentral Auckland pickup and drop-off Transportation by luxury van with Wi-Fi Professional driver/guide Tickets for a guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set 1 drink at The Green Dragon Inn (alcoholic or non-alcoholic); snacks; bottled water Tickets for a guided tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves (including boat ride)
- The pickup time is between 6 AM - 6:30 AM, depending on your location; the exact pickup time is to be confirmed by the local operator after the booking.
- The Hobbiton Movie Set tour is a fully guided walking tour. Sensible footwear is recommended.