My Guide Website?
From Auckland: Small Group Kumeu Wine Tour with Lunch6 Reviews
Travel northwest from Auckland City to Kumeu Wine Country. Enjoy lunch at a vineyard restaurant, sample world-renowned wines and marvel at the rugged surf-fringed coastline.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about New Zealand's wine history in a small group tour
- Enjoy wine tastings at 3 locally owned vineyards
- Savor a delicious lunch at a vineyard with a glass of wine
- Visit the rugged west coast beach of Muriwai
DescriptionEmbark on a wine tasting tour and learn the history of the area which dates back to the 1930s when families of Croatian origin established winemaking in the area. Passed on from generation to generation, these families still make some of New Zealand's most renowned wines today. Alongside a wine tasting, you will enjoy the spectacular coastal scenery of the area. On the first stop of the tour, you will taste the richly flavored wines from the award-winning Soljans vineyard. Enjoy your lunch break at Soljans winery restaurant which serves Mediterranean-style food with a New Zealand twist made from the fresh seasonal produce of the region. Next, tempt your taste buds at Coopers Creek, who offer an extensive range of wines for every unique taste and occasion. Your journey then takes you to one of the few mainland gannet nesting sites in the world situated on the cliff-tops overlooking the Tasman Sea. Here you get a close-up of gannet behavior without disturbing their environment. Enjoy the views that extend for miles along with the wild, black, iron sand beach of Muriwai. End the tour with a stop at West Brook Winery. The West Brook cellar door looks across an idyllic duck pond and terraced picnic area to row after row of vines. The wines reflect true varietal character and their unique regional origins.
IncludesInner city Auckland accommodation pickup and drop-off 3 wine tastings Vineyard lunch Glass of wine with lunch
- Please note, this tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to run. If you are traveling solo, please feel free to join with others if there is an already existing booking on this date. Otherwise, an alternate date will be offered
- This tour is suitable for all fitness levels
- Gannets nesting from August to April only