My Guide Website?
Goat Island Marine Reserve: Full-Day Dive Charter
Experience Goat Island, New Zealand's first marine reserve, by boat, and explore its underwater paradise on a full-day small-group scuba dive charter.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Dive in the beautiful marine reserves of Goat Island and Tawharanui from a boat
- See sting rays, crays, large snapper fish and perhaps encounter dolphins
- Experience a spectacular underwater world of many species of fish
DescriptionJoin a full-day scuba dive charter and dive in the beautiful marine reserves of Goat Island or Te Hāwere-a-Maki, New Zealand's first marine reserve established in 1975, on a small-group tour. Discover the bustling marine life beneath the water's surface, including jack mackerel, crayfish, red moki, eels, blue maomao, and much more on two dives at different depths. Marvel at the variety of marine life habitats from rocky shores exposed at low tide to deep reefs, underwater cliffs and canyons, as well as sand flats. Watch the seaweed forests sway with the waves and the light playfully touch all that surrounds you beneath the sea. Goat Island and the Tawharanui Marine Reserve, off the North Island's northwest coast, are both excellent sites for certified divers, whether you are a beginner or an experienced diver, there is something for everyone here.
Includes2 tank dives from the chartered boat Scuba rental equipment including tanks and weights Detailed dive briefings Boat charter
- This dive tour is for experienced divers who have logged at least 10 dives and have at least an Open Water certification. Inexperienced divers may also book this charter but must pay for a dive guide (paid locally upon arrival)
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire before diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- The minimum group size for this tour is 4 persons, and the maximum is 8 persons. If the tour is cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date or experience
- The tour is subject to weather conditions. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or experience