My Guide Website?
Waiheke Island: Double Headland Premium Guided Coastal Walk1 Reviews
Take a guided hike among the beautiful nature of Waiheke Island. Enjoy a small-group, premium hiking experience that can be personalized on the day to your interests.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike at your own pace on a small-group tour on Waiheke Island
- Spot sea birds, native plants, orcas, and dolphins with your guide’s help
- Make the most of a day on Waiheke with a local guide to show you around
- Enjoy views of the Hauraki Gulf Islands, Great Barrier Island and the Coromandel
- Includes a delicious packed lunch
DescriptionExperience the twin headlands of Matiatia and Church Bay on Waiheke Island, starting from and returning to the ferry terminal. Once you meet your guide at the terminal, begin the hike along the headland track around the Matiatia Headland and past Owhanake Bay. The hike will take approximately 2 hours. On your way around the headland, enjoy beautiful views of the Hauraki Gulf Islands, Great Barrier Island, and the Coromandel. Spot sea birds, native plants and, if you’re lucky, orcas or dolphins. Learn about the history and ecology of the Hauraki Gulf and Waiheke Island, its conservation projects and island life. Stop for lunch at Oneroa Village or enjoy a picnic on the beach. After lunch, walk to the Pio Rehutai Reserve and around the Church Bay headland through a sculpture park and a stunning bush reserve. Stroll past amazing homes, and picturesque ocean views. After approximately 2 hours, you will have returned to the starting point at the ferry terminal.
IncludesScenic walk with expert guidance Walking maps Lunch Return transfers to the ferry or your island accommodation
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour will take place in rain or shine