My Guide Website?
Waiheke Island: The Essence of Waiheke Wine Tour79 Reviews
Discover for yourself why Waiheke is known as the Island of Wine. Enjoy wine tastings at 3 boutique vineyards with a local guide and finish with lunch and glass of wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit three of Waiheke Island's world-renowned vineyards
- Be hosted at each of the vineyards where you will try a range of boutique wines
- Learn about the island from your local guide’s engaging commentary
- Enjoy a 1-course lunch with a glass of wine
- 23 years experience showcasing the Island that we love
DescriptionAcquaint yourself with Waiheke Island's world-renowned wine on a vineyard-focused guided tour. Discover some of Waiheke’s scenic highlights as well as visits and tastings at 3 boutique vineyards. Catch the 10:00 AM ferry from Auckland for a cruise over to Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke island where your guide will meet you. Begin with a scenic drive, taking in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula. Marvel at stunning scenery around every corner and be entertained by your guide’s insightful commentary on the history, geography, culture, people, and produce of Waiheke. Sample a range of Waiheke wines from Rose, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, sparkling wine, and Syrah and Bordeaux blends. Encounter spectacular scenery from sun-soaked hillsides of vines to spectacular 360-degree views over the island and beyond to the gulf islands. The tour returns you to Matiatia Wharf in time for the 4:00 PM ferry for a 4:45 PM arrival in Auckland. Or, if you would like to linger a little longer on the island, you can be dropped off at Oneroa Village to explore further. Sample Itinerary: 10:00 AM Depart Auckland on a ferry to Waiheke Island 10:35 AM Arrive at Matiatia Wharf 11:00 AM Mudbrick Vineyard visit and wine tasting 12:00 PM Kennedy Point Vineyard visit and wine tasting 1:00 PM Obsidian Vineyard visit and wine tasting2:00 PM Lunch
IncludesPickup and drop-off at the Matiatia Wharf 1-course lunch with a glass of wine at an award-winning restaurant Transportation around the island Local guide Live informative commentary All tasting fees
- You must be 18 years or older to join this tour, please bring appropriate photo identification
- Tour departs from Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke Island at 10:40 AM. You will need to catch the 10:00 AM ferry from Auckland (at your own cost) and a guide with a signboard will meet you on arrival. Ferry tickets can be purchased online www.fullers.co.nz
- The sample itinerary is subject to variation pending seasonal vineyard availability and substitutions of equal quality may be made
- The tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate
- The tour is not suitable for guests traveling with children under the age of 18 yrs
- Please advise of any food/drink allergies at the time of booking