My Guide Website?
The Inside Loop: See Auckland's Most Vibrant Neighbourhoods12 Reviews
Auckland is regularly voted as one of the most liveable cities on Earth and this small group, guided electric bike tour is designed to showcase exactly why that title is deserved.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Auckland: Virtual Reality Gaming Experience
- Auckland Harbour 1.5-Hour Sailing Cruise
- Auckland City Small Group Morning Discovery Tour
- Leigh: Goat Island Guided Snorkeling Tour for Beginners
- Auckland: Full-Day City Highlights Tour
- Ride effortlessly along on an electric bike
- Learn about world-class eating, drinking, shopping and cultural experiences.
- Listen to live commentary from our experienced local tour guide as you ride.
- See places that the standard tours don't visit (but the locals love!)
DescriptionEnjoy a guided electric bike tour around some of the most vibrant neighborhoods in Auckland. Head off the beaten track of the standard tour routes. Discover the places the locals go to for the best eating, drinking, shopping or cultural experiences. Your guide will give you an insider's view, so you can make the most of your time in this amazing city. This tour is best booked at the start of your visit - to give you lots of ideas for the rest of your time in Auckland! Meet outside The Pantry cafe, at the Park Hyatt hotel located in the heart of Auckland city - within an easy walk of the cruise ship terminals and many hotels. There, you will be kitted with your stylish electric bike and your riding gear - including a helmet and a cycle specific headset, so you can safely listen to your guide as you ride along. You'll be given a short orientation with the electric bikes and do a practice ride nearby, to make sure you are 100% comfortable before the tour sets off. Having departed from the city center, you will ride over the Te Wero Bridge into the beautiful Viaduct. Then its along Quay Street, past the old Ferry Building and Queens Wharf, on the way to the stylish Britomart precinct - home to some great shops and amazing restaurants and cafes. Then up the new Grafton Gully cycleway (time to use those eBike motors to cruise uphill!) towards the bohemian Karangahape Road (or 'K Road', as it's know to the locals). Formerly one of the most elegant shopping streets in Auckland, urban redevelopment in the middle of last century led to it being down on its luck for a long period. But an influx of fantastic new restaurants, bars, cafes and shopping options have led to a real revival for the area in recent years. Your guide will the history of the area and give you plenty of recommendations for places to eat, drink and shop on K Road during the rest of your visit. Next, you will experience the iconic 'Pink Path' - an icon of Auckland's cycleways, before riding to Ponsonby - one of the main social hubs in Auckland. Ponsonby has a fascinating past and its colorful history has resulted in an area with an undeniable buzz. Your tour will then take you through Ponsonby's backstreets, on the way back down to the beautiful Auckland waterfront. You'll get views of Westhaven Marina (the biggest marina in the Southern Hemisphere) and Auckland's Harbour Bridge. Then you'll learn about Wynyard Quarter, one of Auckland's most prestigious new developments and home to some great food markets and public events. Finally, it's back to your original departure point - time to check out some of those eating and drinking recommendations from your guide! To ensure the best experience, your group size will be small and personal - a maximum of 6 riders and your guide. And there are frequent stops on the tour - plenty of time to take photos and listen to your guide, as they give you a local's insight into some of Auckland's coolest neighborhoods.
IncludesExperienced and engaging local guide Use of a fantastic electric bike Use of an urban cycle helmet Use of a cycle-specific headset, for commentary as you ride Small bag mounted on bike to store phones, camera, etc Use of a rain jacket (only if needed!) Souvenir photos
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For your enjoyment and safety, groups are small and personal - so a maximum of 6 riders per group, plus a friendly guide
- The minimum age is 14 years old (14-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult)
- Minimum rider height is 5 foot (152cm)
- The tour uses Auckland's fantastic cycleways as much as possible but to get to some of the best places it will be necessary to ride through city streets too – so some experience of city riding is required
- Closed toe shoes are required. Sports gear not necessary - casual clothes are fine but dress to the conditions please
- Free storage available for small bags at the city center departure point The tours run rain or shine – you will be provided free use of a bright and comfortable rain jacket, if you need one
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts
- Gratuities are not included and optional
- Mounted bags are available for the e-bikes