My Guide Website?
Waiheke Island Gourmet Food and Wine Tour with Platter Lunch176 Reviews
Enjoy fresh oysters, taste local olive oil, and try other locally-produced specialty foods, along with wines from some of Waiheke Island’s top boutique vineyards on this food tour with a local guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Savor fresh oysters from Te Matuku Bay and local olive oil
- Visit three boutique vineyards for a wine and food tasting
- Enjoy a platter lunch at a vineyard overlooking the vines
- Learn about the history of Waiheke Island from your guide
- See some of the island's scenic highlights and beaches
DescriptionDiscover the flavors of Waiheke Island on a fully-guided, gourmet food and wine tour. Journey by ferry from Auckland over to Matiatia Wharf on the island where your guide will meet you. Your guide will provide entertaining and informative commentary throughout the day about the various delicacies you will taste. Enjoy succulent fresh oysters , olive oil, and other locally-produced specialty foods. Delight in a platter lunch, consisting of a selection of cold meats, seafood, breads, and dips, at one of the island's top vineyard restaurants. Savor wines from some of the island’s top boutique vineyards, and visit an award-winning olive oil mill and two vineyards. Each vineyard offers a range of gourmet tastings to accompany their wines. Treats may include oysters straight from Te Matuku Bay (subject to availability), wild honey, the famous local green herb spread, or artisan cheeses. The tour returns you to Matiatia Wharf in time for the 3:00 PM ferry for a 3:45 arrival in Auckland. If you wish to stay and enjoy the island longer, let your guide know on the day of the tour and they can drop you off in Oneroa Village.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Matiatia Wharf Transport on the island A local guide providing live commentary All tasting fees including wine and food tastings Vineyard platter lunch (cold meats, cheeses, seafood, bread, and dips) Te Matuku Bay Oysters (subject to availability - if not available we offer smoked salmon)
- Participants must be 18 years or older to join this tour and must bring appropriate photo identification with them on the day The tour departs from Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke Island at 9:45 AM. You will need to catch the 9:00 AM ferry from Auckland (at your own cost) and a guide with a signboard will meet you on arrival Dietary requirements are catered for including vegetarian, gluten-free and lactose-free (meals are not suitable for vegans) If you are staying on Waiheke, please meet the guide at Matiatia Wharf at 9:45 a.m or cntact us to arrange on Island pick up. This tour is not suitable for wheelchairs or walkers