New Zealand Immigration
New Zealand Visa Requirements
Visiting New Zealand - Visa Requirements
To visit New Zealand your passport must be valid for 3 months after the date that you intend to leave. You also need to have an onward/return ticket to a country where you've permission to enter.
If you plan to visit New Zealand for a short period, you must request an NZeTA before you travel if you:
- travel on a passport from a country on the list of visa waiver countries and territories
- are visiting for up to 3 months or, if you are a British citizen, up to 6 months.
- Most NZeTA requests are processed within 72 hours. Many requests are processed more quickly but some may take longer.
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $17 on the free app, or NZD $23 if completed online.
You do not need an NZeTA if you:
- are a New Zealand citizen travelling on:
- a New Zealand passport, or
- a foreign passport that has a New Zealand citizen endorsement
- are an Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport
- hold a valid visa for New Zealand, including a Permanent Resident Visa
International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy
You also need to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) at the same time as your NZeTA. This costs NZD $35.
New Zealand Immigration - Types Of Visa
For all types of visa whether you are wanting to work permanently or, on a working holiday, to study, invest, live permanentl or bring family, visit the NZ Immigration website visa section.
Already in New Zealand
If you are already in New Zealand and are wishing to change your visa (e.g. apply for a permanent residency visa) there are a number of different entry paths. Keep up to date with the latest information on this page of the NZ Immigration website.