My Guide Website?
America’s Cup 2-Hour Sailing Experience Waitemata Harbour
Viaduct Basin https://www.myguideauckland.com/events/america-s-cup-2-hour-sailing-experience-waitemata-harbour
America’s Cup 2-Hour Sailing Experience Waitemata Harbour Make Enquiry
- Set sail on a genuine America’s Cup yacht for a unique opportunity to participate as crew
- Discover race yacht sailing, regardless of your level of experience
- Take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or sit back, relax and enjoy the sail
- Benefit from the guidance of a professional crew who will show you the ropes
DescriptionJoin the crew on an America’s Cup yacht for a unique 2-hour tour from Auckland that gives you the chance to experience the sensation of competing in this world-famous racing meet. The America's Cup is the world's oldest and most prestigious sporting trophy and ultimate yachting regatta. Experience this first hand by sailing these remarkable vessels on the harbor that hosted the America's Cup in 2000 and 2003. Feel the thrill of the wind in your face as you tack and jibe. These powerful and highly engineered race vessels are usually the domain of billionaires and elite professional yacht owners, but this unique two-hour sailing experience offers everyone the opportunity to sail these grand prix racing machines. Set sail around Auckland’s stunning Waitemata Harbor and enjoy all the thrills of sailing in a proper racing yacht. Be transported to a world where the thrill of international sport meets the beauty of the sparkling sea. No sailing experience is required to participate. Take the helm and exert energy on the grinders, or simply sit back and enjoy the journey. Look back at the contrast of natural landscapes and city skyscrapers that line the harbour while you sail the seas.
Includes2-hour sailing experience Unique opportunity to participate as crew on an actual America's Cup yacht Safety briefing Guidance from a professional crew Use of life jacket and weatherproof jackets as required
- The activity is suitable for children 10 years and over
- The activity is not recommended for pregnant women and people with medical conditions, please contact the local partner after booking to discuss any medical issues
- The International America's Cup Class yachts have been designed to sail primarily in light winds. There are wind limits in place for the safety and comfort of all passengers. The final decision on whether to sail is at the skipper's discretion
- The activity requires minimum numbers to operate, in the unlikely even these are not met, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund