My Guide Website?
Luxury Auckland & West Coast Day Tour with Maori Guide2 Reviews
Explore multi-cultural Auckland and its West Coast with a local Maori guide and learn about the region’s history and people. On this unique full-day tour you’ll see the major highlights of the city and the dramatic scenery of the outlying coastal area.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Auckland with a local Maori as your guide
- Visit important historic sites and learn about the fascinating Maori culture
- Discover dramatic cliff tops, black sand beaches, and stormy seas on the famous ‘Wild West Coast’
- See Auckland's most iconic volcanoes
DescriptionEnjoy a unique experience in Auckland and the surrounding area with award-winning TIME Unlimited Tours. Your guide for the day will be a local, highly knowledgeable Maori, who will be able to share the region’s indigenous history and culture from a personal perspective. Auckland is the world’s largest Polynesian city and home to a variety of cultures from across the Pacific. You’ll see the best that Auckland city and its West Coast have to offer on this tour. On the first segment of the tour you’ll visit Maungawhau. From the heights here you’ll have panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea. You’ll drive to colonial Parnell, and continue along the waterfront along Tamaki Drive. See the stunning beaches along Auckland's shoreline and Waitemata Harbour, the Hauraki Gulf, the mystical island volcano of Rangitoto, and the famous Harbour Bridge. Visit Devonport, a picturesque marine village with great cafés, boutiques, and stunning views of both Takarunga and Auckland city. The second part of the tour takes you to Auckland’s West Coast. See Titirangi, or the Fringe of Heaven, an artist enclave on Manukau Harbour, and stop at the Arataki Visitor Centre - the gateway to Auckland's West Coast. From here you’ll enjoy magnificent views over the Harbour. Further along the coast you’ll marvel at views of the soaring cliffs, take in incredible ocean vistas, the roaring surf, and the unique black sand beaches. Ancient native rainforests abound, where you’ll see the amazing kauri trees as well as pohutukawa trees with their crimson flowers.
IncludesLunch and snacks Hot and cold drinks All taxes and park fees
- Please bring walking shoes, sun hat, sunscreen, swimming gear (in summer), and your camera. The local guide prides themselves on providing an all-inclusive tour with no hidden costs or souvenir shop pit stops. The tours require a minimum of two adults to operate. Please inquire for single passenger bookings.