Best Transport in Auckland South
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Auckland team
Transport in Auckland is, unsurprisingly, some of the best in the country. If you want to travel under your own steam, there are plenty of places to hire cars, caravans and campervans. The public bus network is affordable, reliable and frequent, and will get you anywhere you need to go, both in the CBD and the suburbs.
There are also plenty of coach charter companies operating trips out to major sights. National trains enter and leave Auckland all day every day. Auckland International Airport is just 40 mins south of the CBD, and there are regular buses and shuttles going to and from the city.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Auckland Harbour 1.5-Hour Sailing Cruise
- Auckland City, Beaches & Rainforest Premium Small Group Tour
- Auckland: Shuttle Between Airport & City CBD
- Auckland City & West Coast Luxury Tour
- Auckland: Ship to Shore Full-Day Excursion