My Guide Website?
From Auckland: One-Way Transfer to Rotorua w/ Hobbiton Tour10 Reviews
Enjoy a convenient door-to-door transfer from Auckland to Rotorua and make the most of your trip by stopping at Hobbiton on the way. Take a guided tour of the movie set and visit The Green Dragon Inn.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Drive through the stunning Waikato countryside
- Arrive at Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest
- Board one of the Hobbiton buses to depart on your 2 hour fully guided tour
- In Rotorua we will show you many of the city's famous and historical sites
DescriptionTravel in comfort from Auckland to Rotorua on this one day tour and experience the world-famous Lord of The Rings Hobbiton movie set in the heart of Middle Earth, as well as the highlights of Rotorua City. Your tour starts with a pick up from your hotel in our comfortable minibus and drive through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and several different farm animals along the way. After our drive, we will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire's Rest, which is the entrance to Hobbiton. Here you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the Hobbiton movie set. Next you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on your 2 hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12 acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour you will step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies, and ending with a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn. After your Lord of the rings experience you will be guided back through the Alexander Family Sheep Farm before continuing south to the active geothermal area of Rotorua. During the trip we will pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world), the stunning Fitzgerald Glade, plus many more attractions to see along the way. In Rotorua we will guide you past many of the city's famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blues Bath and the Thermal Springs. At the end of the tour we will drop you at your accommodation in Rotorua (central hotels only) or at a main Rotorua central Location. The ultimate, comprehensive Auckland to Rotorua small group tour!
IncludesSmall Group & Fully Guided Tour Entry ticket and fully guided tour - Hobbiton Movie Set Bottled water Snacks
- - Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. - A moderate amount of walking is involved. - Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. - Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. - Children below 7 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be provided (with 24 hours notice).