We have all grown up hearing the story of an army of monkeys led by Ram, building a bridge across the Indian Ocean in an attempt to get back Sita from the most well-known Indian villain Ravan.
But how many of us have seen it live on stage performed as a massive theatrical event?
This September, Chinmaya Mission New Zealand is proud to stage a unique, breath-taking stage production based on one of the largest ancient epics in literature: RAMAYAN
So get ready for an Unforgettable 150 minutes of courage, devotion, compassion, love and anger all coming together live on stage.
Forget Captain America, Batman and Superman, watch the real and legendary heroes with timeless virtues: Righteous Ram, Dedicated Laxman and Devoted Hanuman fight the real battles of humanity.
Let the tales of the ages be relived by you.
Why are we doing this?
• Fundraise for our new Ashram building, so that every child, youth and adult can benefit from the Vedic culture and philosophy, taught in the most dynamic way. More information can be found on http://www.chinmaya.org.nz/#!chinmaya-nikunj-project/cvye
• Give an opportunity to our local youth to showcase their acting, dancing, organizing, time management, fundraising and event management skills.
Why should you come?
• Outstanding Choreography shown through Modern Blend of Dancing
• Amazing Vibrant Acting
• Beautiful Backdrops and Lighting
• Dynamic and Powerful Soundtrack
• 100% local youth cast and crew
• Support a great cause of fundraising towards building a Cultural Home (Ashram) for the generations to come
We dedicate this production at the feet of our leader and master who tirelessly served humanity all his life - Swami Chinmayananda.
We give you not one, but 3 chances to join us on this incredible journey. Featuring over 60 youth cast and crew, witness the timeless values and culture of India brought to life.
Friday 30th of September 7.30pm - 10.30pm
Saturday 1st October 2pm - 5pm
Sunday 2nd October 2pm - 5pm
Venue: Bruce Ritchie Performing Arts Centre 274 Don Buck Road, Massey West, Massey West, Auckland
Contact: Priyanka on 021 1192806 or Chinmaya Mission Ashram on 09-2756954
Single Ticket - $25
Group of 5 - $100 (not available on door sales)
My Guide Website?