My Guide Website?
Enjoy a memorable cruise along spectacular river scenery in your very own luxury houseboat.
Your Luxury Boat Cruise Ready For Your Special Occasion Or Get-A-Way
Experience the ultimate on-water luxury accommodation for day and overnight cruises. Guests can enjoy the large top deck entertainment area, 8 person Jacuzzi, (on overnight cruises) BBQ or just relax with a drink lying in the sun. The panoramic windows on both decks allow guests a spectacular moving landscape of the Waikato Riverlands, with its culture, towering ancient bluffs, history, water activities, abundant bird life and scenery (subject to river conditions).
Based at the historic Lapwood landing 9km from Pokeno, in the Waikato Riverland, 35 minutes from both Auckland and Hamilton, this magnificent vessel offers guests the opportunity to be pampered and relax surrounded by wonderful scenery and tranquillity. Sit back and enjoy the cruise as you or the Captain takes the wheel.
The Waikato Riverland has an abundance of bird and fish life from fresh to salt water species. Your cruise on this peaceful river also enables you to learn about the secrets of the past at the historic battle sites, museums and the remains of paddleboats on the river’s bank.
Cruise Options Include:
- Day and Overnight cruises
- Lunch, morning or afternoon tea cruises
- Corporate functions
- Wedding venue
Enjoy the ultimate luxury overnight cruise with options from 1 to 7 nights to experience a different location each day. Cruise along 90km of the most spectacular river scenery, with it's ancient towering cliffs, historic battle sites, abundant birdlife, magnificent water skiing areas - so bring your water toys, native bush, seclusion and available onshore facilities.
Wake up each day with views across the river and the inviting warmth of a hot breakfast, followed by morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. You are welcome to bring your Kayaks, boats and Jet Ski’s, wakeboards and biscuits for fun and exploring.
For the shorter cruise option or to celebrate a special occasion, a range of day cruises are availble with 2 to 4 hours cruising time.
Tour Options Include:
- Lunch Cruise: 2 - 4 hours cruise.
- Morning or afternoon tea cruises: 2 - 4 hours
- Birthday Party or Celebration Cruise: 2 - 4 hours through the scenic Riverland.
- History Cruise: Learn about the Land Wars, Whitebait Factory, Sand Mining & old Paddle Wheelers.
Cruises are subject to availability and must be booked in advance. Self catering is permitted however if preferred, food & beverage packages can be provided with a large selection of all courses available to suit the individual choices of your group.
Unique Wedding & Conference Venue:
Hold your special day or next corporate event in a truly unique venue. Day Cruises allow up to 30 guests with overnight conferencing up to 12 guests. Electronic projectors, whiteboards, 42” LCD television and video facilities are available, with a chef on hand if required to serve delicious cuisine.
- 4 cabins with en-suite bathrooms
- Designer kitchen/galley with stainless steel appliances, gas cook top with electric oven
- 2 Dining areas & 3 indoor lounge areas
- Ducted air-conditioning to all cabins & lounge area
- Expansive upper deck with gourmet BBQ, lounge area and 8 person jacuzzi
- Sky TV
- LCD TV’s with built-in DVD player in each cabin & both rear lounges
- BOSS I-Phone/I-Pod portable player
- Approved city water supply from special holding tanks
- 240 v power supply
Houseboat 'Sundeck' Features:
- Extra large fully enclosed (with roll up clears) and carpeted sundeck incorporating:
- Large cedar gas heated spa
- Bar facilities
- 2 Sun Lounges & Table setting for 8
- Gourmet 4 burner s/steel BBQ
- 30L Chilly Bin
- Wet Bar facilities including a fridge
- CD player for music
- 8 See thru plastic clears for weather protection or to roll up on those warm days
Enquiries & Bookings:
Visit Houseboat Holidays to view full cruise details and the latest pricing information.