My Guide Website?
Leigh: Goat Island 60-Minute Clear Kayak Rental
Enjoy New Zealand's marine life up close in your 100% clear kayak while paddling through the Goat Island Marine Reserve.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy New Zealand's only clear-kayak experience
- View the marine life beneath you as you gently paddle through the reserve
- Marvel at the variety of fish such as snapper, red maki and blue maomao
DescriptionPaddle through the stunningly clear waters of the Goat Island Marine Reserve and see a variety of fish such as snapper (tāmure), red moki (nanua), blue maomao, eagle rays (whai keo) and stringrays (whai). Extending from Cape Rodney to Okakari Point, the marine reserve is located only 800 meters offshore from Goat Island. Meet your hosts directly on the beach at Goat Island who will provide a full safety briefing and all safety equipment. Then, enjoy a 60-minute paddle in your 'Clearyak', allowing you to marvel at the marine life that swims just below you.
IncludesSafety briefing One 60-minute double kayak rental All safety equipment
- Each kayak can hold 441 lbs (200 kg); the maximum is 243 lbs (110 kg) for one person
- Strictly only 2 people per kayak
- Children (3-12 years) must be accompanied by an adult in the kayak
- For health and safety reasons it is mandatory that one person in each kayak is a competent swimmer and can swim 20 metres or more without a buoyancy aid