My Guide Website?
Meola Reef tours explore geological and ecological wonders. Led by experts, discover marine life, learn its history, and enjoy scenic views. A fascinating educational experience awaits in Auckland.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Auckland:If youʻre booking your trip to Auckland last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the geological and ecological wonders of Meola Reef in Auckland
- Discover the reef’s rich marine life
- Learn about the reefs formation and significance
- Enjoy stunning views of the surrounding area
- Learn from our experienced and knowledgable guide
DescriptionEmbark on a unique adventure with us, delving into a tidal marvel that takes you beyond the ordinary. As we journey onto the reef, the cityscape fades into wilderness, even with the iconic Skytower and harbor bridge in view. Our excursion begins with a leisurely walk through a grassy park, where we connect, share stories, and warm up. Upon reaching the reef, we venture 'off-track' into mangroves and lava terrain. Navigating the mangrove maze adds excitement, leading us to open oyster fields for the final leg. Out on the reef, amidst Waitemata Harbour, you'll appreciate the city's diverse wonders while feeling far away. This 11km lava flow from Te Kōpuke / Mt St. John volcano boasts 28,500 years of history, encompassing 14 hectares and culminating in a two-kilometer tidal tongue basalt reef exploration in the Waitematā Harbour. Start: Meet the Meola Reef SNM Team - Meet at Meola Reef Reserve (Te Tokaroa) / Meola Dog Park / Meola Reef Toilet. Tour: Walk to, through and on the reef - Enjoy stories, history, see wildlife, birds, dogs, touch plants, take photos and see sea critters. Finish: Back ro carpark - Finish the tour feeling impressed and educated. For more information on this tour visit: https://socialnaturemovement.nz/itinerary/meola-reef/ Ages 8+
IncludesProfessional, knowledgeable and experienced guides Geogeolical, coastal and historical education
- For more information about gear visit: https://socialnaturemovement.nz/itinerary/meola-reef/ Start times for this tour vary based on the Auckland tides. If you do not have the required gear, please reach out to us, we may be able to help.