Whale and Dolphin Watching Half-Day Eco Cruise - Auckland
Experience the abundant wildlife of Hauraki Gulf Marine Park on a 4.5-hour marine eco-safari. Sail aboard a luxury catamaran and benefit from guaranteed whale and dolphin viewing year-round as the perfect complement to your stay in Auckland.
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Experience up-close-and-personal wildlife viewing with marine mammal sightings
- Make the most of your time in Auckland with an incredibly convenient trip
- Take in amazing views of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists
- Relax aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran with on-board cafe/bar
DescriptionClimb aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran, conveniently docked in the heart of Auckland, and set sail on the 'Dolphin Explorer' to take in the sights and sounds of the city from the water. Depart via Auckland's Viaduct Harbour, and bask in the sun on the large open deck. Enjoy a quick tour past impressive landmarks, such as the Auckland Harbour Bridge, North Head/Devonport and Rangitoto Island. Keep a close look out for Orca and Bottlenose Dolphins, known to regularly visit the waters close to the city. Then it's out into the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park itself, where resident populations of Bryde's Whales, Common Dolphins and numerous colorful seabirds await. Get up-close viewings of whales, dolphins and sea birds while important marine biology research is conducted on board. Help protect this incredible resource of marine life on a more personal and intimate experience. As a registered research vessel, the 'Dolphin Explorer' is able to get much closer than whale watching operations in other locations. Get the opportunity to learn about what you are seeing via expert commentary from the ship's skipper, gained from 15 years running trips daily in the area. Being wild animals in their natural environment, every trip is different. However, the boat typically heads back towards Auckland after 3 or more hours of sailing. Enter Auckland's Viaduct Harbour with a cheery wave and the best wishes from the crew.
Food and drinks (available to purchase on board)
- Please wear warm clothes and bring a showerproof jacket, sun hat and sunscreen, your camera, binoculars, personal medication (if required) and sea-sickness medication (should be taken prior to the trip)
- This activity is not suitable for heavily pregnant women • Limited wheelchair access is available. Anyone with physical disabilities that require human intervention must be accompanied by a carer or guardian • Children under 5 years old are permitted on the trip only if they are closely supervised by a parent or guardian • A small range of snacks, hot food and drinks are available to purchase on board the boat, including beer and wine. A great range of merchandise is also available, including T-shirts, photo-cards and soft toys
- In the interest of your safety, the local operator reserves the right to cancel any trip due to wind, weather, or sea conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers Haunted Attraction Scream Park! This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you - you have been warned....From NZ$25.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours - official inbound and Domestic travel Partner of New Zealand Golf.From NZ$219.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Howick Historical VillageAuckland East, Auckland
Step back to the 19th century and explore this fascinating recreation of a colonial village. Walk amongst costumed 'villagers' and experience how Howick used to be..........From NZ$16.00
Magic Broomstick Segway ToursNorth Shore, Auckland
Glide effortlessly around the streets of beautiful, historic Devonport village, as you experience the fun of riding a Segway with Magic Broomstick...