Whale and Dolphin Watching Half-Day Eco Cruise - Auckland
Experience the abundant wildlife of Hauraki Gulf Marine Park on a 4.5-hour marine eco-safari. Sail aboard a luxury catamaran and benefit from guaranteed whale and dolphin viewing year-round as the perfect complement to your stay in Auckland.
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Auckland’s spectacular Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Experience up-close-and-personal wildlife viewing with marine mammal sightings
- Make the most of your time in Auckland with an incredibly convenient trip
- Take in amazing views of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf
- Listen to expert commentary and interact with the marine research scientists
- Relax aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran with on-board cafe/bar
DescriptionClimb aboard a 65-foot luxury catamaran, conveniently docked in the heart of Auckland, and set sail on the 'Dolphin Explorer' to take in the sights and sounds of the city from the water. Depart via Auckland's Viaduct Harbour, and bask in the sun on the large open deck. Enjoy a quick tour past impressive landmarks, such as the Auckland Harbour Bridge, North Head/Devonport and Rangitoto Island. Keep a close look out for Orca and Bottlenose Dolphins, known to regularly visit the waters close to the city. Then it's out into the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park itself, where resident populations of Bryde's Whales, Common Dolphins and numerous colorful seabirds await. Get up-close viewings of whales, dolphins and sea birds while important marine biology research is conducted on board. Help protect this incredible resource of marine life on a more personal and intimate experience. As a registered research vessel, the 'Dolphin Explorer' is able to get much closer than whale watching operations in other locations. Get the opportunity to learn about what you are seeing via expert commentary from the ship's skipper, gained from 15 years running trips daily in the area. Being wild animals in their natural environment, every trip is different. However, the boat typically heads back towards Auckland after 3 or more hours of sailing. Enter Auckland's Viaduct Harbour with a cheery wave and the best wishes from the crew.
Food and drinks (available to purchase on board)
- Please wear warm clothes and bring a showerproof jacket, sun hat and sunscreen, your camera, binoculars, personal medication (if required) and sea-sickness medication (should be taken prior to the trip)
- This activity is not suitable for heavily pregnant women • Limited wheelchair access is available. Anyone with physical disabilities that require human intervention must be accompanied by a carer or guardian • Children under 5 years old are permitted on the trip only if they are closely supervised by a parent or guardian • A small range of snacks, hot food and drinks are available to purchase on board the boat, including beer and wine. A great range of merchandise is also available, including T-shirts, photo-cards and soft toys
- In the interest of your safety, the local operator reserves the right to cancel any trip due to wind, weather, or sea conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Take your friends or family through the dark hallways of Haunted House, meet psychedelic clowns in Disturbia, head into The Woods that is inhabited by hillbillys and thenFrom NZ$25.00
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort. Snowplanet offers skiing, snowboarding, tubing and tobogganing all iFrom NZ$48.00
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
One-Way Bus Transfer to the Bay of Islands
Discover the northern region of New Zealand, known as the Winterless North, with a one-way bus transfer between Paihia and Auckland. Benefit from free WiFi on board, plus complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off when departing from Auckland.1 ReviewsFrom NZ$124.00
Auckland Harbour Cruise and Sky Tower Full-Day Tour
Discover the best of Auckland on this full-day tour. See all of the major attractions including Auckland Harbour Bridge and the city’s oldest park. Cruise into the shel6 ReviewsFrom NZ$157.00
New Zealand: Auckland to Wellington 3-Day Tour via Rotorua
Drive across New Zealand’s north island on this 3-day tour from Auckland to Wellington with 2 nights stay in Rotorua. The tour includes admission and tours of the famouFrom NZ$899.00
New Zealand: Wellington to Auckland 3-Day Tour via Rotorua
Drive across New Zealand’s north island on this 3-day tour from Wellington to Auckland with 2 nights stay in Rotorua. The tour includes admission and tours of the famouFrom NZ$899.00
Waitomo & Rotorua Coach Day Trip from Auckland with Ogo
Discover the spectacular geothermal region southwest of Auckland on an adventurous day trip! Explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, experience Ogo in Rotorua, visit Te Puia5 ReviewsFrom NZ$367.00
3-Day Bay of Islands Tour and Cape Reinga
Enjoy the best of Northland, New Zealand on a 3-day sightseeing tour by coach. Drive along the subtropical northeast coast and enjoy the region's top tourist destinations3 ReviewsFrom NZ$1,384.00
Waiheke Island: Wine Tasting Tour
Discover for yourself why Waiheke is world-renowned for its wines on a guided wine-tasting tour. Visit 3 of the Island's fine vineyards with a local guide who has complet17 ReviewsFrom NZ$125.00