From Hobbiton & Rotorua Tour with Lunch at Te Puia
Are you a business owner in Auckland?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Auckland.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Head through the Waikato region with a friendly, experienced guide and admire the beauty of the Hauraki Plains
- Discover Hobbiton Movie Set on a 2-hour official tour to see famous landmarks from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films
- Savor a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- Discover fascinating geothermal activity in the Te Whakarewarewa Valley
- Gain insight into the region’s traditional Maori arts and enjoy a traditional Maori hangi lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua
- Benefit from local guides and the personalized service of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy the magic of Middle Earth at the Hobbiton Movie Set and delight in Maori culture at Te Puia Maori Village in Rotorua on a day tour from Auckland. Travel in comfort with a small group and an experienced local guide in a late-model Mercedes or a similarly configured the vehicle to provide extra leg room and space for your comfort. After the pick-up from your hotel, journey through gorgeous Waikato scenery to Hobbiton. On arrival, set off on an official 2-hour guided tour through the picturesque twelve-acre site. Learn fascinating details of how a beautiful piece of Waikato farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle-Earth. At the end of your tour, savor a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Climb back into the vehicle for the 55-minute drive to Rotorua. Arrive at Te Puia Maori Village where you will have a freshly prepared hangi lunch featuring traditional Maori food. With plenty of time to explore, discover the Pohutu geyser, mud pools, hot springs, silica formations, and the iconic Kiwi bird. Visit the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving. Then explore Rotorua, visiting the lakefront and the government gardens, before the return journey to Auckland. You can opt for drop off in Rotorua, just select this option when booking.
IncludesPick-up and drop off from central Auckland accommodation
Transport in a small air-conditioned coach
Live commentary in English
Entry and 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
Entry and lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua
Buffet lunch at Te Puia (from 1st October)
Morning and afternoon tea - available to purchase
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing, sensible footwear, and come prepared as there is a reasonable amount of walking on uneven ground and New Zealand weather can be very changeable throughout the day
- Morning or afternoon tea can be purchased on the day at your own expense
- You can choose to travel one way from Auckland and be dropped off in Rotorua, please select this option when booking
- Lunch is buffet style
- The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour requires reasonable mobility, please advise when booking you have any mobility issues
- Shuttle pick-ups from outside Auckland city center can be arranged on request for an additional charge
- This tour is not suitable for children 2 years and under
- Pickup and drop-off is available from all accommodation in central Auckland. Please advise where you are staying
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Auckland & Beyond ToursAuckland Central,
Explore Auckland, Rotorua and Hobbiton with small group tours in luxury vehicles...From NZ$249.00
SNOWPLANETAuckland North, Auckland
Enjoy snow sports all year round. Spend a fun family day at New Zealand's only indoor snow resort..........From NZ$48.00
SpookersAuckland South, Auckland
Prepare to be scared at the Spookers Haunted Attraction Scream Park! This theatrically themed entertainment venue is designed to scare the yell out of you - you have been warned....From NZ$25.00
Go BushAuckland South, Auckland
Located on a 185-acre farm in the foothills of the Hunua Ranges, but just an hour from central Auckland or 45 minutes from the airport, Go Bush is the ideal venue for events with a difference...
Rainbow's EndAuckland Central, Auckland
Family-friendly theme park in Manukau City, Auckland. With over 20 rides and attractions,special events, night rides, amazing on stage entertainment and café there truly...From NZ$59.00
FlexiTours NZAuckland Central, Auckland
Explore Auckland, Rotorua, Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves in style with FlexiTours NZ's small group tours - official inbound and Domestic travel Partner of New Zealand Golf.From NZ$219.00
Driving Creek Railway and PotteriesCoromandel Peninsula, Auckland
Unique mountain railway, snaking through stunning, and replanted kauri forest with incredible views of the Hauraki Gulf. Wildlife sanctuary, pottery and craft shop also o...From NZ$35.00
Bush and BeachAuckland West, Auckland
Small group full and half day tours include sightseeing trips around Auckland, Nature Tours, Waitomo Caves, Rainforest Tours and trips to Hobbiton Movie Set...From NZ$82.00
Howick Historical VillageAuckland East, Auckland
Step back to the 19th century and explore this fascinating recreation of a colonial village. Walk amongst costumed 'villagers' and experience how Howick used to be..........From NZ$16.00
Mai TravelAuckland Central,
Mai Travel organises luxury, tailor-made trips around New Zealand taking in all the best experiences...