Piha & Karekare Rainforest Wine Day Tour from Auckland
NZ$265.00 BOOK NOW
- Sample the world-famous port at Soljans Estate
- Enjoy lunch at Soljans Estate's vineyard restaurant
- Tour the 94-year-old, family-owned Babich Wines vineyard
- Enjoy spectacular views at Piha's Black Sand Beach lookout
DescriptionImmerse yourself in a world of wine, fine food, rainforests and the beauty of nature on this tour. The Henderson Valley is the historical heartland of the Auckland wine industry, and Piha and Karekare the two of the finest jewels in Auckland’s crown. Head up into the stunning Waitakere Ranges and drop in to the Department of Conservation Arataki visitors center for stunning elevated views of this native rain forest reserve. Then, head to the remote West Coast black sand surf beach settlements of Piha and Karekare and take photos of 'Lion Rock' and spectacular North Piha beach. See the beautiful Karekare waterfalls in a tranquil native forest setting. This is the beach where the iconic movie 'The Piano' was filmed. After a 45 minute drive through rain forest and farmland stop and enjoy a tasting of varietals and blends at Soljans Winery and West brook Wines or Coopers Creek Wines. Try outstanding Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Sauvignon Blanc in the whites and Estate grown Pinot Noir, Cabernet blends and Malbec in the reds Enjoy an excellent farm to table lunch at Provenance Cafe where they grow all their own produce on a 40 acre farm. Finally, visit Kumeu River Wines and take a fascinating 'behind the scenes' interior tour to see how they barrel ferment their world class wines.
IncludesComplimentary pick-up from your central business district accommodation
Department of Conservation visitation fees
Lunch and beverage
Visit to Piha and volcanic Black Sand Beach
- The lookout point in Piha is dependent on weather. Please be advised that this is not a guaranteed item on the itinerary. Please inform us of any special food requirements or allergies. Please note this tour includes drives on long winding roads, so kindly inform us ahead of time if you are prone to motion sickness.